What’s the investment in your healing?
Mental Health Therapist Fees
Chelli Pumphrey, MA, LPC
$170 per 50 minute session
Nancy Newhook, LCSW
$150 per 50 minute session
Lesley Loftis, MA, LPC, CHHC
$130 per 50 minute session
Kirsten Hartz, MA, LPC, LAC
$130 per 50 minute session
Rachel Neff, LCSW
$130 per 50 minute session
Emily Olsen, MA, LPCC
$100 per 50 minute session
Holistic Care Practitioner Services & Fees
Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine
Keiko Barringer, L.Ac., DIPL.OM
$150 Acupuncture Intake – 90 minutes
$95 Acupuncture follow up – 60 minutes
$45 Cupping – 30 minutes
$60 Herbal Medicine Consultation – 45 minutes
(Herbs priced separately and may vary)
Reiki, Tarot, & Individual Trauma-Focused Yoga Therapy Sessions
$125 Reiki – 50 minutes
$95 Reiki & Tarot only – 30 minutes
$185 Combined Reiki + Tarot – 90 minutes
$145 Private Yoga Therapy Session – 60 minutes (Classes and workshops vary)
Kate Russell, MS, RDN
$150 – 90 minute intake
$95 – 60 minute follow up
Supplements and lab testing vary
Why we DO NOT accept health insurance
- Primarily, we are a holistic mental health and wellness practice that believes in your wellness. We don’t like to see people in a one size fits all “box” that requires a mental health diagnosis for treatment. You are more unique and complex than that, and we believe we do a disservice to clients when we use only a traditional western medicine medical model for our healing work. We believe that the most effective care includes embracing Western medicine, as well as being open to a more holistic approach, that includes assessment and treatment from varied perspectives, including energy work, natural medicine, or nutrition. Some of these approaches are not recognized by health insurance.
- All Insurance claims require a medical model diagnosis of a mental health disorder, even if one doesn’t exist. This can affect or limit future insurance coverage and may inhibit certain employment opportunities. This does not fit into our model of believing in your health and wellness from the moment you step in our door. While we do agree that while there are certain diagnosable mental health issues that we do treat, there are also reasons that people seek therapy that do not require a diagnosis. Examples could be that you’re hurting after a breakup or divorce, you’re an overworked and under-appreciated mom who just needs someone to listen, you’re fighting with your partner, or you just got fired and you need some support.
- The insurance company, not you, decides how many sessions are appropriate for your treatment.
- Private information, even under new privacy policies, is shared with insurance companies.
- Private information is stored in the Medical Information Bureau where it can be accessed in the future by insurers, employers, etc.
What are the benefits of not using health insurance to seek mental health therapy?
Your information remains completely confidential, and cannot follow you in a medical record into your future. If you have concerns about this, not using health insurance may be beneficial.
We are out of network providers for most insurance companies.
Many insurance plans offer “out of network” insurance coverage. Essentially, this means that you can pay for therapy with any out-of-network provider that you choose, and then submit an invoice to your insurance (provided by Trilogy), and you can request full or partial reimbursement for therapy. We are happy to provide the appropriate invoice to you so that you can request this reimbursement.
Please be aware that submitting an invoice for reimbursement carries a certain amount of risk, as we cannot control how your information is used once submitted. Not all therapeutic issues are reimbursable; it is your responsibility to verify the specifics of your coverage. Contact your insurance provider to find out if they will reimburse you directly for the out-of-network services you are seeking.
Community Contracts That We Offer To Help Pay For Therapy (if applicable).
- Victim’s Compensation for all counties- free therapy for crime victims
- Second Wind Fund- for teens experiencing suicidal ideation
- Headstrong (If you are a post 9/11 combat veteran, you could be eligible for completely FREE, no red tape or VA involvement, confidential therapy with Chelli Pumphrey. Contact us for details.)
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MEDICAID/HEALTH FIRST CLIENTS
We are unable to provide therapy if you are an active Health First (Medicaid) client. Unfortunately, Colorado Medicaid has a policy that prohibits its clients to see non-Medicaid providers for services that would otherwise be covered by Medicaid. This applies to you even if you choose to do so with your own money, and of your own free will. As licensed therapists, we would be committing fraud and could be held liable for seeing you out of network. As a Medicaid client, you are also at risk of losing your benefits should you be caught.
We truly understand and share your frustration with this policy. While there is little we can do alone to change this, we welcome your voice as a collective in addressing policies such as this. You can learn more about the law here, and file any complaints here.
Non-therapy-related services (acupuncture, Reiki, yoga, breathwork, etc) are still offered to Medicaid clients as an out-of-network service.
Thank you for your patience with this. We are happy to provide community referrals to Medicaid providers.
We do accept a limited number of clients on a sliding scale. Proof of income is required to qualify. Please inquire for details. We also offer therapists with a range of experience and rates. Provisionally licensed therapists offer lower rates, and may be more affordable than a more experienced therapist.