5 Ways That Acupuncture Can Help Anxiety And Depression
Trilogy Holistic Mental Health believes that there are many ways to help people heal naturally, with no drugs. Acupuncture is one of our most powerful tools that helps clients reach optimal healing and wellness. It can help reduce and heal a variety of issues, including anxiety, depression, and other mental health conditions.
1. Studies have shown that acupuncture helps to regulate the HPA axis, (hypothalamus, pituitary, adrenal) by improving problems that arise from hormone imbalances like anxiety, depression, insomnia and adrenal fatigue.
2. Research has shown that acupuncture triggers your nervous system to release beta-endorphins, our “feel good chemicals.” These are essential in pain and stress management because they produce a morphine-like effect, which helps to decrease your perception of pain. As the Beta-endorphins are released they cascade through your system and cause you to feel pleasure, relaxation and even a sense of euphoria, commonly referred to as the "acu high".
3. Acupuncture is known to reduce cortisol levels (your stress hormone) and to elevate serotonin levels, the chemical that boosts your mood, improves digestion, sleep and cognitive function also alleviate symptoms of anxiety and depression.
4. By creating a relaxed state in the body, the mind has the opportunity to slow down and reset which then allows our highly charged sympathetic nervous system to relax. This then allows the parasympathetic nervous system to activate, which helps the body shift into rest and restore mode.
5. No drugs, no side effects. The benefits of Chinese medicine are limitless. Utilizing very fine, single use disposable needles that are inserted into specific points on the body facilitates the bodies innate ability to heal naturally.
I have successfully treated many patients experiencing varying levels of stress, anxiety, mental, emotional and physical imbalance. Creating peace of mind, a sense of mental and physical and emotional wellbeing. I look forward to supporting you on your journey to optimal emotional, mental and physical wellness.